• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

POWERHEADS AND CUTTLES

I've heard of several cuttle set ups that had powerheads. Never kept cuttles personally, but as long as you ceph-proof all your stuff you should be good.

I use a Koralia nano and my cuttle likes to sit on it. She doesn't get stuck, just likes the feel I guess???

If you cover the suction side with a conical strainer to dissipate the localized suction, you should be fine. Cephalopods are still soft animals and most definitely susceptible to strong suction from pumps, just as people can be to pool drains. Using Axial style pumps like Hydor Koralia pumps is a very good option as these move lots of water under very low pressure, so the actual suction is relatively minimal.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back