• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Power Head killing fish

you can cover it with a mesh bag like they sell for filter meida, either get one with a draw string and tie it off around the base or use a zip tie

I would avoid the draw string and recommend a zippered bag. The drawstrings are all but impossible to untie once tied (especially when wet) and you will want to be able to easily remove them for cleaning. I use the zippered variety (link for demonstration only, I don't know anything about this vendor but do buy them from eBay) on my Koralias to keep curious arms out of the unit but keep in mind that it will still have close to the same "sucking" power.

Also be aware that if the fish die first or are dieing, they will be sucked to the powerhead through no fault of the hardware.

if this is the 75g tank you bought last month then it is probably still cycling and the fish may be dieing from another cause than the power head, you should check your water peramiters.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back