POST YOUR COLOSSAL SQUID QUESTIONS HERE

Hi Sorseress,

Oh yes he would [eat one]. Besides, Colossals don't have ammoniacal flesh like Architeuthis does, so eating Mesonychoteuthis probably wasn't too unpleasant. (I recall that eating a bit of Archi has long been a rite of passage among its researchers.)

[I'll ask about pairing wine with Meso.]

At one point the white coats made several runs through removing the Meso cube from the freezer and putting it back in. Unless they were practicing their moves, it looked like they were trying to give the film crew lots of coverage for the documentary. Everyone looked wiped afterwards.

Clem

Clem;116262 said:
Hi Sorseress,

Oh yes he would [eat one]. Besides, Colossals don't have ammoniacal flesh like Architeuthis does, so eating Mesonychoteuthis probably wasn't too unpleasant. (I recall that eating a bit of Archi has long been a rite of passage among its researchers.)

Guess I should be reading more of the articles and stuff, because I thought they too were ammoniacal. Surprising the fishing crews don't take them back and harvest the flesh instead of presenting it to researchers,, or would it deteriorate too quickly for that?

apparently, there's some question about the ammoniacal or not issue: Steve's preliminary fixing notes says "should the colossal squid prove to be ammoniacal"-- of course, maybe that's a cut-and-paste error from a document before he'd examined the 2003 specimen.

I've seen Ob eat sushi, but not such... exotic sushi....

indeed :cheers:

I don't see a lot of new folks posting, though... have you checked if the traffic is up?

Is that Olaf taking hires pictures of the small colossal that he's going to post any moment now, perhaps, that I see on camera-3? :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back