• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Possibly cuttle eggs

Just today i looked in my tank and noticed these 2 black things at the bottom of my tank

I think they may be cuttle eggs but im not sure and if they are i am clueless on how to care for the eggs

Any info would be greatly appreceated

What shape are they? How big are they? Did we determine if you have S. bandensis or S. officinalis? It is entirely possible if you have S. bandensis that she laid eggs. You can raise the young on mysids and P. vulgaris, but Righty and Paradox are the experts on this...

not to big but the thing is is that i got no clue how to take care of them ( i currently hve them inx the same tank as the cuttle)

the eggs are about 1/2 an ich long ,blak and one has like a bulb apperecne to it)

ther edefinatly cuttle eggs , while i was rearanging my rock work i vuncoverd about 5 other eggs attached to a rock i relly need info on the care of the eggs, most of them have swelled up but the ones that are on the floor are they now dead or did they just become detached from the rockwork??????

Ok,

If they are fertile, you have about 2-3 weeks before they hatch. If you haven't already, read Righty's article on S. bandensis Cephalopod Care. This will help you prepare... It could be that the first ones she laid aren't fertile, or they did not inflate for some reason.

2 of them are detached from the rockwork but are swollen does this mean there dead
also when i move these to a net breeder tommorow how delicate are they as far as can i pick them up at all or not???

If they are inflated but not attached to anything, that is ok. You do not have to move them right away, since you do not have anything else in your tank. The mom will not bother the eggs, you only have to put them in the breeder in order to find them once they hatch since they will be so small.

sniperjoe, take a look at the article that was posted about 4 posts back. it tells you exactly how to take care of them.

also checkout daisyhillcuttlefarm dot com

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back