• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Possible Species?

Its pretty much a total gamble.

When ever i have order an "Indonesian" I have received an adult Aculeatus. Cool animals and I love them, but by the time they get to us they only live a month or two longer.

They only recently started selling the Mexican ones so i am curious to see what they are. The Carribean I recieved from them was a Mercatoris.

so yeah....LiveAquaria is like a box of chocolates ya never know whatcha gonna get.

CaptFish;192458 said:
Its pretty much a total gamble.

so yeah....LiveAquaria is like a box of chocolates ya never know whatcha gonna get.

I don't like to gamble but I love boxes of chocolates! It's cool how you can get something different every time. :P Anywho, I'll get some from LiveAquaria since I don't have a specific one I want and don't necessarily want to breed them though if they lay viable eggs I give my word that I'll try my best to raise them. Also, getting a different species each time will help me to decide which species I like the most. Which would you recommend I get first? Indonesian? Mexican (though aren't these cold water octopi? I don't have money for a chiller :/ )? Carribean? Fijian (I made this up. :P It means "from Fiji")?

i would say Caribbean or Indonesian....the Mexican intrigues me, i would love to know what they are, but I'm not sure if they are cold or warm water species, so i have not ordered one.....u could call them i know the company had fantastic costumer assistance.

CaptFish;192467 said:
i would say Caribbean or Indonesian....the Mexican intrigues me, i would love to know what they are, but I'm not sure if they are cold or warm water species, so i have not ordered one.....u could call them i know the company had fantastic costumer assistance.

Okay, and I presume these would be able to be held in a 75 gallon? Also, is there a chance I may get a Blue Ringed Octopus since they are from Indonesia?

CaptFish;192468 said:
works for me :smile:

edit:
your right! Fijian is proper.

SWEET! I guessed and was right. :P :lol:

Well my supposed CARIBBEAN octopus Triton turned out to be an Abdopus Aculeatus :confused:and I got him at Live Aquaria so I really have no Idea what you are going to get

Aquariuman;192449 said:
What species of Octopus would I possibly get if I bought it from LiveAquaria | Quality Aquarium Fish, Supplies & Equipment ? It says they originate from Caribbean, Fiji, Indonesia, Mexico: Octopus - Assorted: Saltwater Aquarium Invertebrates Could you give me possible species I could get if I ordered one from any of those places? (they are separated into origin sells.) Thanks!

both times i have ordered from them i received Abdopus Aculeatus, as far as ive seen thats pretty much the norm from liveaquaria

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back