Possible Species?

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Its pretty much a total gamble.

When ever i have order an "Indonesian" I have received an adult Aculeatus. Cool animals and I love them, but by the time they get to us they only live a month or two longer.

They only recently started selling the Mexican ones so i am curious to see what they are. The Carribean I recieved from them was a Mercatoris.

so yeah....LiveAquaria is like a box of chocolates ya never know whatcha gonna get.

Aquariuman

Cuttlefish
Registered
CaptFish;192458 said:
Its pretty much a total gamble.

so yeah....LiveAquaria is like a box of chocolates ya never know whatcha gonna get.
I don't like to gamble but I love boxes of chocolates! It's cool how you can get something different every time. :P Anywho, I'll get some from LiveAquaria since I don't have a specific one I want and don't necessarily want to breed them though if they lay viable eggs I give my word that I'll try my best to raise them. Also, getting a different species each time will help me to decide which species I like the most. Which would you recommend I get first? Indonesian? Mexican (though aren't these cold water octopi? I don't have money for a chiller :/ )? Carribean? Fijian (I made this up. :P It means "from Fiji")?

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
i would say Caribbean or Indonesian....the Mexican intrigues me, i would love to know what they are, but I'm not sure if they are cold or warm water species, so i have not ordered one.....u could call them i know the company had fantastic costumer assistance.

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Fijian (I made this up. :P It means "from Fiji")?
works for me :)

edit:
your right! Fijian is proper.

Aquariuman

Cuttlefish
Registered
CaptFish;192467 said:
i would say Caribbean or Indonesian....the Mexican intrigues me, i would love to know what they are, but I'm not sure if they are cold or warm water species, so i have not ordered one.....u could call them i know the company had fantastic costumer assistance.
Okay, and I presume these would be able to be held in a 75 gallon? Also, is there a chance I may get a Blue Ringed Octopus since they are from Indonesia?

CaptFish;192468 said:
works for me :)

edit:
your right! Fijian is proper.
SWEET! I guessed and was right. :P :lol:

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Yes 75 gallon should be fine to hold anything you get from LA. I think your safe, I dont believe anyone has ever recieved a bluering from LA.

octo..

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Well my supposed CARIBBEAN octopus Triton turned out to be an Abdopus Aculeatus :confused:and I got him at Live Aquaria so I really have no Idea what you are going to get

Alex_Fischer_

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Aquariuman;192449 said:
What species of Octopus would I possibly get if I bought it from http://www.liveaquaria.com/ ? It says they originate from Caribbean, Fiji, Indonesia, Mexico: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+500+1719&pcatid=1719 Could you give me possible species I could get if I ordered one from any of those places? (they are separated into origin sells.) Thanks!
both times i have ordered from them i received Abdopus Aculeatus, as far as ive seen thats pretty much the norm from liveaquaria

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnyegaard

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak