Possible Species?

Discussion in 'Octopus Care' started by Aquariuman, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Aquariuman

Aquariuman Cuttlefish Registered

2. CaptFish

CaptFish Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Its pretty much a total gamble.

When ever i have order an "Indonesian" I have received an adult Aculeatus. Cool animals and I love them, but by the time they get to us they only live a month or two longer.

They only recently started selling the Mexican ones so i am curious to see what they are. The Carribean I recieved from them was a Mercatoris.

so yeah....LiveAquaria is like a box of chocolates ya never know whatcha gonna get.

3. Aquariuman

I don't like to gamble but I love boxes of chocolates! It's cool how you can get something different every time. :P Anywho, I'll get some from LiveAquaria since I don't have a specific one I want and don't necessarily want to breed them though if they lay viable eggs I give my word that I'll try my best to raise them. Also, getting a different species each time will help me to decide which species I like the most. Which would you recommend I get first? Indonesian? Mexican (though aren't these cold water octopi? I don't have money for a chiller :/ )? Carribean? Fijian (I made this up. :P It means "from Fiji")?

CaptFish likes this.
  4. CaptFish

i would say Caribbean or Indonesian....the Mexican intrigues me, i would love to know what they are, but I'm not sure if they are cold or warm water species, so i have not ordered one.....u could call them i know the company had fantastic costumer assistance.

5. CaptFish

works for me :)

edit:
    your right! Fijian is proper.

6. Aquariuman

Okay, and I presume these would be able to be held in a 75 gallon? Also, is there a chance I may get a Blue Ringed Octopus since they are from Indonesia?

SWEET! I guessed and was right. :P :lol:

7. CaptFish

Yes 75 gallon should be fine to hold anything you get from LA. I think your safe, I dont believe anyone has ever recieved a bluering from LA.

8. octo..

octo.. O. bimaculoides Registered

Well my supposed CARIBBEAN octopus Triton turned out to be an Abdopus Aculeatus :confused:and I got him at Live Aquaria so I really have no Idea what you are going to get

9. Alex_Fischer_

Alex_Fischer_ Pygmy Octopus Registered

both times i have ordered from them i received Abdopus Aculeatus, as far as ive seen thats pretty much the norm from liveaquaria