Portobello Diary

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome pics Jean!!! I have hopes of getting some good ones of the GPO at Baltimore on Aug. 13 as Jess and I are camping out in the Aquarium!!!!

Carol

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice pics, Jean. So glad you finally got a digital camera!

My, Earle is such a big, handsome octopus! Looks like he has a comfortable place to live, too.

Nancy

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Reaction score
thanks for your kind comments all, yes Earle is handsome, but I have to say for his spp he's still pretty small! he could get to as much as twice that size! Then we have heaps of fun keeping them fed!!!

J

Jean

Colossal Squid
Registered
Reaction score
R.I.P Earle

It's a sad aquarium down south. We lost Earle on Friday. He developed the autophagy disease and was eating his own arms. The worst part of the whole thing is that we had to euthanise him :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

We are now in the process of sterilising the tank etc, before we introduce a new octopus.

:angelpus:

J :cry:

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, Jean. :( That must have been very difficult for all of you at the aquarium.

He was a magnificent octopus. How quickly things change.

RIP Earle :angelpus:

Steve O'Shea

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed, RIP. Been there recently myself. Not good.

..... I don't suppose you have any octopus eggs down there do you Jean? I've a new chappy starting up here (Felipe) on his Masters, and he'll be rearing P. cordiformis, O. gibbsi and O. huttoni, egg to adult hopefully. It would be nice to compare development of P. cordiformis [or O. huttoni] from both ends of NZ (I can get them up this way, through scallop boats or SCUBA). Another onliner (Jason ... I'll not let on his alias) is rearing Sepioteuthis, but I'd like him to have a look-see at Sepioloidea also (your large new species, and S. 'pacifica'). If you do hear of any eggs of these things being collected I can quick-pronto organise them being sent up ... or someone coming down. I could throw a few $$ at a diver to collect some.

Hope all else is most positively marvelously fantastically wonderfully good.
Me

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janette

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean