Pop - A.aculeatus

Pop is deceased. There is one white lifeless arm hanging out of her den, I've tried to pull on it to get her out, but there seems to be resistance so I assume she's somehow stuck in there? No babies that I can see, but then I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for.

I had one like that but the den was quite open. I never did figure out where her arm was that kept her so securely in the den after death (no question about her being dead).

You would know hatchlings if you saw them, even the small egg one are identifiable. They would be swimming all over the tank. When you get her out, use a flashlight to see if there are small white round balls attached to the rockwork. If you see some, they may still hatch if you can put a little current on them (like with a Koralia) but it is most likely they were either not fertile and are gone now or that something will eat them before they hatch unless they are very very close to hatching.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back