Poll: Do Photos Do the Giant Squid Justice?

Clem

Architeuthis
Registered
Well? Are you satisfied with the first ever photographs of Architeuthis alive in its domain, or bitterly diasppointed that it wasn't captured in the medium of your choice?

Please weigh in.

Clem

What I wouldnt give for 550 jpg's of a live ammonoid, almost as good as soft tissue preservation. Looking at the photos as a flip show probably shows a little more animation than was actually present. All in all they do show a live animal with pics as good as those the Mars rovers are sending back, from a place almost as distant. :smile:

Anyone emailed the good doctor to find out if he could render a film from the images? Hoe many frames pers second were the pics taken at?

... it was video, in a sense, but as the Right Honourably, Regal-Footed Sir Dr Ummmm..... points out, it's all about frames per second.

Remember, this was done on a shoe-string budget; things are SO about to change. This is when we sit down and chew our nails .... will it be that little yellow rectangle organisation, or will it be Discovery Channel? Nail chew, nail chew, nail chew .....

Steve O'Shea said:
This is when we sit down and chew our nails .... will it be that little yellow rectangle organisation, or will it be Discovery Channel? Nail chew, nail chew, nail chew .....

...as if there's any difference.

Finally.... Discovery has dropped beaucoup bucks in reparations for the crap theyve been putting out in the last 10 (but mostly 5) years....

or did NG buy themselves an O'shea?

either way i say let the cash flow....

Anyone got more photos of that? All I've seen is low res turned into 2 inch video frames. I heard they photographed it for four hours one photo every 30 seconds. Even a slug would look fast if you tied that into a video stream and showed them even 1/4 second intervals. Let alone that thing was trying to free itself from the hooks of the jig. Are they holding back, or does someone have more pictures of it?

Not to say I think Archie could be "slow as a snail" though. Its intuitive that it would be fast anyways. Most squid are. As uniformed as my opinion might be :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back