Poll: Do Photos Do the Giant Squid Justice?

Urmm, regarding a fully fledged expedition: wouldn't there be room in the BBC 2 budget? I guess Attenborough's up for replacement anyway 8o)

I wouldn't mind seeing someone tow a lifesize model of an Architeuthis female, shedding all kinds of interesting pheromone packages/flashing all sorts of enticingly mimicked colour patterns to draw in the ready to be filmed suitors. The pheromones themselves (do they employ them at all?) would suffice, in the absolute pitch black at 1000 meters below, but as grandson Cousteau thought up the full size animatronic shark to study "realistic interactions", why not follow the photogenic path laid out? In general, people sitting on large amounts are more easily coerced into spending a lot, than supporting shoestring endeavours... Economies of scale, I guess.

I saw those photos, and celebrated.

I fired up a doobie the size of a submarine. :rainbow: I shouted from the rooftops that soon the dominion of vertebrates would end, and that all humanity would face judgement from the cephalopod overmasters. I then went to the seashore a few miles away and summoned Dagon. Then I went out for Chinese.

Okay, I just went out for Chinese. I don't smoke, let alone doobage, I hate climbing on rooftops, and the beach has been really cold lately. *sigh*

But in all honesty folks, those photos kicked ass, and we should be collectively happy for ALL teuthologists out there.

Yep, but nobody is Hong Kong that I know is celebrating...kinda sucks to live in this hell holel. Nothing happens here, not even this: :sink:

I celebrated with my you, me and my imgainary anime pals with some :wine:. Can't scream from the roof tops either since it belongs to someone else. Sigh....

What the...

Damn. Sixteen crying little girls, fifteen scoffing camera-phone users and only four voters with sense enough to realize that Kubodera & Mori own us all.

Fie.

Clem

Melissa said:
Hi Eric

I will pass through Hong Kong in November and December. We should celebrate the giant squid photos. Is there a water park or aquarium to go to?

Melissa

Why yes there is. Ocean Park. Bigger than HK Disney, having a higher approval rating than Disney and generally is the symbol of Hong Kong. It covers roughly two moutain tops and is planning to "defend" HK from Disney by expanding again...heh Disney is just a side show compared to what Ocean Park is..anyway..they keep cephs in Ocean Park. Octos, Squids and Cuttle. I'm getting off topic here, I'll PM you if you need any more info and such.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back