Podcasts>Videos?

#30Girl

Wonderpus
Registered
Hey,

:-/I don't get to post much anymore, but I think the last post on Podcasts was in 2007:shock:, so I am wondering if we could change podcast to video and podcast as a sub-forum:confused:?

:talker:Of course,this is just my idea and is entirely up to you administrators and staff and TONMOers:grad:, but this idea about changing the Name a little could help make tonmo better (although tonmo is already great.:notworth:)

Thanks for reading.:coffee:

Jason Robertshaw (who runs Cephalopodcast) has joined TONMO.com staff, in part, to help resurrect the Octopodcast. We've talked a bit about video programming as well... stay tuned!

#30Girl - Yup, we will be reawakening the Octopodcast in the coming month. It will be an audio program for now. Video might be in the future, but requires more bandwidth, more prep, more everything.

If anyone has suggestions for the future shows, please let us know (leave a reply here or threads in this forum). Thanks.

In consideration for the podcast/possible video content...

My first recommendation, in response to the bandwidth concerns, would be to host videos on YouTube and simply embed the player/link here. That would also give more non-TONMOers an opportunity to stumble upon and develop an interest in cephs.

Secondly, I enjoy video/audio editing and would be glad to do any production work for any projects/podcasts. Just let me know!

Regarding bandwidth, TONMO.com is on a dedicated server with plenty of juice. We can host videos... however, your point about leveraging YouTube from a promotional standpoint is well-taken... some of Phil's vids have a very high video hit count!

Appreciate your offer on audio/video editing... I may follow up with you under separate cover...

There is some new content in the works in this space... stay tuned!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back