Podcasting

If its going to be in MP3 format everyone can probably listen to it on their PC's, if you just make it a file available for download in a new "cephbroadcast" section or something.

Its a great idea, just re-pointing out an ipod isnt a requirement, (Melissa said it originally)

100kbs or less would be acceptable sound quality, from memory a telephone is 40, so maybe 80 would be good mix of quality and lowish bandwidth.

Absolutely -- you don't need an ipod or equivalent device to enjoy it (but it can make for great commute fodder for us train-riders :smile:)...

I plan to do this once per month... hoping Dr. O'Shea will be our first guest... (and 5th, 10th, 15th, etc... :heee:)... My plan has always been to start this up by end of year... let's see how we do on that...

OK, I'm in, sounds like an interesting way to get to know the community better as well. I don't own a tank, nor a cephalopod, but I have always been fascinated by the advent of significant intelligence outside of the vertebrate chain of events. At 38, I need to get myself an überhip gadget of sorts to impress the T3 crowd out there, i-pod nano might just do the trick!

No ETA as of yet... I want to get good equipment (and services) for recording phone calls, that kind of thing. Am hoping by end of year.

Very cool. Just got done listening to the whole thing...neat stuff. Didn't mention me though! :cry: (kidding here)

I love my iPod - it keeps me sane (or as sane as I can be) on the train trip to work. I already download an Australian science program each week (when its on) so another download would be great - especially in an area I have an interest in.

KRin

Maybe I need to change my screen name, since Tony has so much trouble with it... :wink:

Nice podcast, though. I bought a little 1 Gig SanDisk WMA/mp3 player some time ago and I d/l a lot of news programs and such. With on-demand stuff like this, ClearChannel must be a little scared...

John

The main segment of the Feb. Octopodcast has been recorded, with Chrissy Huffard (muckoctopus) joining us to discuss walking octopuses! Just need to edit and put together segments and will post... :cool2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back