Podcasting

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
As a former DJ and program director (in college), I'm interested in knowing...

There'd be much cephy news and updates I could cover in a weekly show, don't you think?

But when a tree falls in the middle of the woods...

WhiteKiboko

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
plus we might be able to cut together a ceph-oke album from all the groaners-caliber lyrics we have laying around.....

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
I'd have a weekly interview (most often with a TONMO.com member of one kind or another), news updates, community updates, and yes, sometimes a little music (if only clips). There's plenty out there that's relevant. The show would probably last about 30 minutes per week, tops. It'd be fun...

erich orser

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
Could you get the rights to use the song "Octopus" by Syd Barrett?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Squidman said:
I would listen to that every week religiously.
Awesome! So long as I have at least one person I can count on for this, it's worth pursuing.

Melissa, yes, you should certainly be able to access this via your PC.

Gaetan, cool!

Erich, on the Site FAQ, in small font at the top of the page, there's a quote from that song. It's one of the first pieces of content ever put up on the site, when it was founded ~ May 30, 2005... (five-year anniversary coming up!)

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Either speakerphone or a direct plugin from my line to my PC. I should be getting Voice over IP (VoIP) services from Comcast a bit later this year so long distance shouldn't be a concern.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
OK I should've read this before I voted!!! I put nope and not planning to get one..........but it Tony goes ahead with this I may change my mind!!!!!

J

Scouse

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Great technology ipods

shame everyone blows kisses at themselves in the mirror with their white headphones :lol: :lol: may aswell wear a placard......MUG ME!!!

sounds like a cool idea Tony

Scouse

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Great technology ipods

shame everyone blows kisses at themselves in the mirror with their white headphones :lol: :lol: may aswell wear a placard......MUG ME!!!

sounds like a cool idea Tony

bobwonderbuns

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
That sounds like a great idea -- maybe a 45 minute show weekly interviewing squidwatchers of the universe to keep the rest of us up to date... I'd listen!

Feelers

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
If its going to be in MP3 format everyone can probably listen to it on their PC's, if you just make it a file available for download in a new "cephbroadcast" section or something.

Its a great idea, just re-pointing out an ipod isnt a requirement, (Melissa said it originally)

100kbs or less would be acceptable sound quality, from memory a telephone is 40, so maybe 80 would be good mix of quality and lowish bandwidth.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Absolutely -- you don't need an ipod or equivalent device to enjoy it (but it can make for great commute fodder for us train-riders :smile:)...

I plan to do this once per month... hoping Dr. O'Shea will be our first guest... (and 5th, 10th, 15th, etc... :heee:)... My plan has always been to start this up by end of year... let's see how we do on that...

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
OK, I'm in, sounds like an interesting way to get to know the community better as well. I don't own a tank, nor a cephalopod, but I have always been fascinated by the advent of significant intelligence outside of the vertebrate chain of events. At 38, I need to get myself an überhip gadget of sorts to impress the T3 crowd out there, i-pod nano might just do the trick!

Members online

No members online now.