plectronoceras

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
I'm no help with fossils but I'll tag a couple of our old ceph :sagrin: interest members in hopes that they have some ideas. If you are an academic, you might mention the institute.

@Hajar @Architeuthoceras @Wolfgang (note: Jose is located in Spain)

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
@Hajar responded through my Facebook request that he has not seen one but did point out this thread , mentioned that they seemed to be found mostly in Texas (San Saba is mentioned in the thread) and included this Fossil Works reference. Sadly, not much help in locating an actual fossil.

Wolfgang

Larval Mass
Registered
I guess you know that Plectronoceras are really tiny - mostly around 10mm - and quite rare. They are certainly not 'display fossils'. I was not able to obtain even a photo of one for my HETEROMORPH book and have not been able to find one for my new book on NAUTILUS. Why don't you also post something on my forums on Facebook - that may get you some more info! Regards W

willsquish

Blue Ring
Supporter
I guess you know that Plectronoceras are really tiny - mostly around 10mm - and quite rare. They are certainly not 'display fossils'. I was not able to obtain even a photo of one for my HETEROMORPH book and have not been able to find one for my new book on NAUTILUS. Why don't you also post something on my forums on Facebook - that may get you some more info! Regards W
I could help you get a picture. I found a stone with a couple decently photographable ones a few years ago. Here's one showing a clear siphuncle and an overall shape. It's even much larger than 10 mm, at about 4 or 5 cm. However it is very encrusted with lichen. Yet the substrate is very monotone, so it's a bit prettier that way.
plectro2.jpg
plectro4enhance.jpg
plectro6.jpg

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.