• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Please Help - ceph disorders query

Mimicus

Hatchling
Registered
I have a 7 month old aculeatus that is developing an odd condition toward the back of her mantle. they look like small abrasions, elliptical and roughly 2 mm. there are two of them, each about 4mm apart across the tip of the mantle. They do not change color when she does. I'm guessing that it might be a bit of overly abrasive live rock, but I didn'[t know if anyone here might have had experience with something like this?
If so, PLEASE let me know what I can do to help her.

Thank you

Brian

Los Angeles.

It's likely a condition called butt burn (can you post a pic?). It usually starts with an abrasion, which heals to white scar tissue, it won't regain it's colour changing ability (sorry). Unless it gets infected she should be OK. Keep an eye on her. If you know of a particularly abrasive rock you may want to remove it.

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back