Planning to give a 4-6 speech on Color-change in Cephalopods

Discussion in 'Education and Employment' started by Phil1078, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Phil1078

Phil1078 Blue Ring Registered

Hello everyone,

I plan on giving a short 4-6 min. speech on color change in cephalopods. This is for a gen. ed. speech class at the college level. I plan on having an intro slide on cephalopods in general, then one about chromatophores, followed by a slide on camouflage, a slide on defensive behavior like flamboyant display and deimatic behavior, a slide on intraspecies communication, specifically I want to talk about how cephalopods like Sepioteuthis can communicate to two conspecifics simultaneously, and finally a simple conclusion. This is a pretty simple speech, where I am going to mix a little ceph jargon with laymen's terms. I really want to show case excellent multimedia.

So here is my request. Although I have a number of pictures in mind, I was wondering if anyone had some good ones that you think would work nicely in my slide. I know many of you have more access to ceph multimedia, so any images or just advice or comments would be helpful.

Thanks!

2. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

We have a Find the Ceph game that has not been added to in awhile but you might find a camo picture there

3. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

Hey Phil, how did this go?