• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Pictures of Roxy

sideways

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Finally...some pictures of Roxy. For those who don't know her, she's my bimac and probably about 10 months old. John

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Nice pics of Roxy. I can't tell how big she is (yes, I know they're almost impossible to measure).

Ollie has become quite large, with a mantle of over 7 inches long. I would guess from the pics that Roxy isn't quite that big. Am I right?

Nancy

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Roxy looks great!! I love the shots from the top of the tank! Do you have something to compare size to?

Carol

Scouse

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Nice octo!!! She's well cool mate.

Call me daft, but I wasnt quite sure what was goin on in the first pic, was she just wrapping herself round the in-flow pipe?

sideways

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Yeah, measuring an octo is nearly impossible but when she's inflated, her mantle is about the size of a big lemon but can stretch to 5+ inches when she does the pointy mantle thing. I've seen her arms stretch to about 14 inches or so. If it helps, the tube she is holding on to is about 1/2 inch in dia. I'll try to get some size comparison pics sometime soon. Thanks for the comments, John

Members online

No members online now.