Phil offline - probably.

Phil

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
My computer is dying on me so I won't be around for a short while. Will be here more regularly soon, post-engineer - I hope.

See you in 2008!

Phil

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I own a computer wizard who owes me dearly!!!! Too bad I couldn't ship him to you on consignment until he was say..... 21????

Good luck!!! PM me if he can help!!!

Carol

Phil

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
Thanks Carol,

Can you put him in the back of a freight truck? I'm sure I could intercept him and find a use.... :)

This machine only boots up once in every twenty or so tries and I've no idea why that is. I was lucky in being able to log on at all here, normally I can't even get this far. Weird....maybe its possessed.

I'll have to post hundreds of messages now I'm logged in to make up for the next couple of weeks. (I can just feel everyone groaning in advance....)

Phil

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster

cthulhu77

Titanites
Supporter
I am up over 1500 items on Adaware...yikes! :shock: Yep, gotta run every anitivirus thingy there is !! (those programmers have to much time on their hands, writing all of these hacking files)
Good luck Phil !!! I was hacked into last week, and it took a geek four hours to redo the system...

Phil

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
:sad: I think that this is the end for me for now. My hard drive is packing up on me, it took over an hour to boot up this morning and two hours to do the same last night. On top of that, the machine sometimes crashes for no obvious reason, causing me to try to try boot up all over again. Each day the problems get worse.

Until I can get this sorted out I will probably hardly be online.

Phil

:goodbye: :ammonite:

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
This is horrible news Phil! Sounds like your PC is a piece of Argh.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Ohhh Noooo....Looking back I see you had issues with it in November.....Best of luck to you Phil....Again....I offer computer whiz son.....I'll ship for free!!!!! But you'd have to keep him awhile....Anyway.....Good luck!!!!! Could we ship you a harddrive?????? And I second the dell!!! They have some great deals going on right now......

Phil

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
Thanks for the offer Carol, I'll pay for the postage and packing for your son to come over willingly!

By chance I've just managed to log on, but I've had to do a complete system restore from scratch. I've lost all my old e-mails (inc. some articles from Steve), and many of my documents, pictures, applications and saved music. Even now this machine is acting erratically and is prone to switching off at random intervals.

So I can only apologise again, I have no idea when I can get all this sorted out, but please don't take silence from me as a bad sign, it's merely a temporary, albeit major, technical hitch.

By the way, I found two excellent 50 mya sharks teeth on the Isle of Sheppey off the Kent coast today. Someone I met there showed me a fantastic fossil nautilus he had found just ten minutes before, typically I did not have my camera on me so I've no photo to show you all. Maybe next time, whenever that is......

Au revoir,

Phil

erich orser

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
Phil,

I third the Dell, although if you want to cross-over and join us heretics on the other side, my Mac G-5 (we've always been PC folk, but the industry standard for SFX, graphics, or animations is definitely Mac, so we joined the betrayers to stay competitive) hasn't let me down yet. Of course it's new, so that might be why...

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Erich

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi Phil,

Hope you find an alternative PC to work on while you get yours fixed.
Computers are a real bother when they're not working right.

All things being equal, I'd pick the Mac!

Nancy

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Man -- hang in there, Phil! I think it's traumatic to lose a) Internet connectivity and b) valuable data as you have.

Let me know if / when you'd like me to re-send any old emails you sent to me or the staff, or that I sent to you / the staff. I keep a complete archive, going back to the last millenium.

I'm a Dell guy as well, Dell is a great company and my machine has been terrific. Don't think you can go wrong w/ a Mac, either.

Members online

No members online now.