Permo-Triassic cephalopod hunt

I read a bit more about that section and found: "evidence of an extraordinarily rapid faunal recovery after the P-Tr crisis" ... "It contains also the most diverse Griesbachian assemblage known to date, which has a community structure not normally recorded in pre-Spathian rocks and which was living under well oxygenated conditions".

The long thin objects are scaphopods though I picked them up in the hope that they might be orthocones. Bellerophontids were also very common (masquerading as goniatites!).

Happy New Year to all!

Thanks Terri. Here are a few more photos to show the mood of the place (an area called Huqf). No climbing involved D!

Attachments

• conv_297654.jpg
    conv_297654.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 91
  • conv_297655.jpg
    conv_297655.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 85
  • conv_297656.jpg
    conv_297656.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 89
  • conv_297657.jpg
    conv_297657.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 98
I could probably do that last "hill" but not the one that would require a goat's hooves in your prior photos :wink: Ditto on Terri's, "Thanks" comments.

or spice worms!

This is indeed a very dark site. Andromeda Galaxy, 2.5 million light years away, was good as was the Orion nebula and the Crab Nebula. I always enjoy seeing shooting stars against a sparkling night sky like this.

Just noticed that one of the Griesbachian ammonoids shown above has colour bands preserved. I'll take some photos a little later on.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back