Penelope - O.Vulgaris

Has he warmed up to me yet?!.......well just after I shot that video this morning I stuck my hand in the tank to remove that little PVC fitting you can see in the video, it was one of Leg's toys and its been bouncing around the tank un-played with for too long. Pen immediately charged over to my hand and proceeded to blast me with his cannon while displaying his defensive colors and position with all his arms and webbing out but curled in at the end...so basically no. He has stopped trying to grab me and bite me which is good, but he still doesn't prefer my company...I miss Legs, such a great octopus.

Feeding Time! It was hard to shoot and feed at the same time, and I gave the tripod I was borrowing back but here ya go.

see the video below I had to repost it due to sound problems with youtube

It is interesting to see the tips move around after she catches a crab. They are not used to restrain the food but seem to wander about. I wonder if they are looking for more food or have some other purpose to their movement. Rewatching I wonder if they stay in motion in case there is an escape since it might be faster to try a recapture with a moving arm than one resting. There are so many little things you only notice in videos that you don't really "see" watching the event.

I thinks that because the first crab i dropped in he did not get. It swam away from him and into the rocks. so after he caught the one I was giving him, he would immediately start to looking for the one that got away.

Nice video!

Have you ever held up the crab outside the tank for her to see? They can certainly recognize that shape. Ollie used to grow excited and get in chasing position at the site of a crab held outside the glass (or a crawfish, too).

Nancy

Still no music (the sound indicator is red with an x). I don't mind rewatching though since I am only finding Cassy right now and then only for a few seconds each night so it helps to see Pen and vicariously enjoy watching an octo.

Have you ever held up the crab outside the tank for him to see?
Oh yeah he actually tries to attack through the glass. the first time he swam for the crab and hit the glass hard, I felt pretty bad, but it did not seem to effect him

Still no music (the sound indicator is red with an x)
Stupid youtube! I did an "AudioSwap" with them and it seems to be taking forever! oh well, it says the sound is still processing all I can do is wait.
:troll:
Is TONMO ever going to have its video section back?

measurements:
Mantle Length: 5.5"
arm length: 13" (26" spread)

I don't know Tony's plans but YouTube is a better option in truth because there are not a lot of site set up to readily deal with the needs of the HD format and bandwidth.

I use to like youtube, but with all the problems I am having lately i have to say it SUX! "Audio swap still processing. this may take a few minutes" .....minutes...its been days.

DSCN2337.jpg

DSCN2335.jpg

I like these portraits!

But I have a question - are those brown markings beside her eyes the eye bars that indicate she is annoyed?
Or are they just usual markings?

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back