Paul the Octopus

The movie was being called Kill Paul Octopus - I didn't get the impression he was killed in the film.
I wonder how the octopus actor does playing Paul?

Nancy

I read it on the Norwegian news so I had to search for an English version to post here. They basically said more or less the same thing though, wasn't very clear, something about western decadence and us believing in superstitious nonsense, but, don't quote me on that. To be honest though I can almost sympathise, it is amazing what some people believe.

dwhatley;160063 said:
... but that is not just a western culture observation.

I agree. Almost all cultures world wide have some historical ties to superstition, the spiritual realm, and precognition. To say that this is a western idea seems extremely unfair. If perhaps he is making the statement about us putting this beleif onto an animal... again, this is done world wide, and is probably done the least in western culture.
hmmm. i'm ranting... I be thinking I find his argument frustrating... :biggrin2:

Well, backing up your point (which I agree with) but steering away from the political, wasn't there a parakeet in Thailand or somewhere who was competing with Paul for the predictions? His owner claimed he'd gotten 5 in a row right but by the time he reached the news it was the final, which the parakeet predicted incorrectly :P

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back