Paul the Octopus

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Paul the Octopus's fame is growing by the hour. He has a Wikipedia article about him, and a couple of Facebook pages. He's received death threats because of his prediction that Germany would lose the last match (they did), and some people seem to feel that Paul CAUSED the Germans to lose!

A group of Spanish businessmen have offered $38,000 to buy him (not to eat).

More information about Paul is coming out, but much is still conflicting. He is now reported to be born in 2008, which is more reasonable than the 2006 we originally saw. He is a common octopus, an Octopus vulgaris. His name comes from a poem in German about an octopus named Paul.

In German he is known as Oktopus Paul, Paul Oktopus, and is sometimes referred to as a Kraken or a Tintenfisch.

The Sea Life Center where he lives has rejected efforts by Peta to have him released, saying the Paul has lived his whole life in an aquarium.

I think it's good that an octopus is in the news, and so favorably, too. What do you think?

Nancy

No, you would have to use 7 a day or go to a multi-week draw and spread it out over a month. We are not sure how well they do choosing between more than 2 :wink:

Oh, and how much of your winnings got spent on the octo tank? :sagrin:

I just saw that:
a) he now has had a movie made about him, set to be released in august. and
b) he has an agent: apparently he is the spokesoctopus for a "save the seaturtles" organization set in greece!
Talk about an over night celebrity... and I couldn't think of a species more deserving! :wink:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back