Paul the octopus has died

This was on the Norwegian news today. I was gutted, almost sad, especially since it was Paul that got me interested in the first place. They said on the news he was born on Jan 20th 2008 or something like that, so, he's had a good run.

Paul was important to all of us who love cephalopods - he was obviously gentle and appeared to be
intelligent. This is in contrast to how octopuses are often portrayed in films or on some TV shows.

I was reading the German newspapers and learned that Paul's body has been frozen (which is the fate of many Tonmo octopuses) prior to being cremated. His ashes will be placed in an urn, and the urn in a monument to Paul near his home aquarium.

Paul has an understudy, Paul II, who will occupy Paul's old tank. This new octopus is no relation to Paul, but will attempt to follow in Paul's footsteps by making predictions.

Nancy

RIP Paul:angelpus:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back