Pat - 1st Octopus

I am pretty sure Patrick is a male.:smile:
That 3rd arm's tip is curled a bit 90% of the time and when it is exposed I can see about 1/8" - 3/16" light colored curved tip w/ out suckers.
I'm not sure how much he's eaten because when I try to feed him a crab, if he doesn't take it the crab is on the loose. I can see 3 crabs in the tank right now.
Should he eat daily? He's fairly active, but not impressed by me holding live crabs with forceps. He spends a lot of time scrunched up on the glass in upper corners, and lately in 1 of 2 caves I made.

Some people feed every other day, some every three days (usually more than a once a day feeding). Establishing a regular feeding pattern will take awhile.

Simon has been eating daily. So far I have been keeping some snails and a couple crabs in his tank so he can hunt at will.

The octopus is much more interesting when it's out and about, but that is less frequent than with the cuttlefish.
It's only been a week so I'm sure to see more of him.

Oh,
Sorry, I thought I posted - but Pat only lived about 3 weeks. I can't be positive, but I think he succumbed to old age. No lack of food, or variety that's for sure, but he just wouldn't eat.

Thanks for asking Noah.

I'm sorry to hear that. The only thing with live aquaria octos is that they are usually pretty old by the time we get them

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back