Pardon Our Dust

Tony, I am having issues trying to post but can't quite isolate the problem. It seems to revolve around trying to post a YouTube link but even when the link is removed, I am getting the error trying to edit and save:
Error while saving content: SyntaxError: Invalid character

After adding the link, it shows up with the embedded video and the new "Facebook" like display but when I try post I get the above message and I can't seem to isolate what is causing it. The post will not save after the error message is displayed, no matter what I try to change.

When I go back to the posts, the video is there as well as multiple posts instead of edited posts. I left the duplicates for you to view but will clean them up after you see the results and attempt to duplicate:

http://www.tonmo.com/forums/forum/ce...380#post338380

In #7 I initially tried to add the video and go the message, then tried numerous edits. Next I tried to add a comment and the video and then edit that and remove the comment. I ended up with duplicates though all of the videos gave the syntaxerror message and would not accept the final "post".

Saving seems to be extremely slow. I go another error trying to post a comment but when I went to the thread in another tab the post was OK. I am thinking there is some kind of timeout occurring, possibly an AJAX return issue. One thing I just noticed is that my comment and the videos are posted BUT the "last update" on the forum does not show them as being the most recent so I suspect the problem is somewhere in the updating where currency is maintained.

I tend to visit on my ipad so I don't know if these problems are universal or client specific 1. Just viewed octopus care forum and everything looked normal. Tried to make a post, gotta a syntax error, and now when I look at the forum it only shows me the stickies. No threads. And I forgot to record the syntax error 2. When I make a post, everything gets pushed together into one paragraph. 3. When I go to edit a post I am presented with an empty text box. As opposed to one with my current post in it which I can en edit. Anything I type in this blank box replaces the original post. That's it for now. I'm sure this will all get crammed together into one paragraph :wink:

I have been trying to add a new topic under Octopus Journals and Photos, when I try to post it returns with a SyntaxError Unexpected token, I fails to show any other journals and also when I sign in, I'm the only person online. This doesn't normally happen, these usually a few people always online.

New posts are not showing up so the only way to find them is to look through all the forums for new dates. I suspect this is related to the problem I noted before where I would get an error that suggested the post did not complete and it did not show up as new but later could see the post (as well as duplicates when I tried to force it to be accepted).

Emails are not being sent for subscribed posts.

When first clicking on profile does not display info and comes up with the message:

An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.

However, clicking on the edit button seems to display and allow editing as expected.

A little tip, I think... when you login, make sure the login is from:

tonmo.com/forums/home

as opposed to

tonmo.com

Still trying to understand why this should matter but I'm afraid it does. There was some corrupt Poll data that has apparently been addressed. Following up.

tonmo said:
A little tip, I think... when you login, make sure the login is from:

tonmo.com/forums/home

as opposed to

tonmo.com

Still trying to understand why this should matter but I'm afraid it does. There was some corrupt Poll data that has apparently been addressed. Following up.
Still having problems saving SOME posts. So far multiples have not shown up but may as I have tried multiple browsers trying to eliminate cache problems without clearing out my cache (may try this next). In Oprera I get:
Error while saving content: SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unrecognized token '

tonmo said:
Hi Tony, I've been randomly viewing threads in the fossil forums and there are attachment links to the pictures, which do work, the pictures don't show in the post. I also randomly viewed threads throughout the other forums and the ones I viewed had pics. showing in the posts. Just wanted to mention in case you weren't aware.

My disappearing posts may be a result of tying to use the "Comment" button instead of a direct post to the end of the thread. However, this is not the case where I am trying to post to:
http://www.tonmo.com/forums/forum/c...338487-abdopus-abaculus-nocturnal?view=stream

When I try to enter text it warns that I have unsaved content. I can retrieve it or ignore it but I can't post to the thread either way.

This is the content:
Adult octopuses can take down relatively large animals but in a tank environment so anything smaller than their mantle is acceptable. I recommend disabling anything that might harm the cephalopod. In the case of fiddler crabs, you can break the tip off the males large claw to ensure no incidental damage. Be aware that the fiddlers will often drop their claw when it is immobile so often it goes to waste. If Heidi does not eat everyday, try feeding every other day. With some of the cold water species, hobbyists have found that every three days appears to produce the best results but then they usually feed more than one food offering.

Her lack of interest in the shrimp may also stem from being bored with a single food so offering an open clam (from your local grocery/Asian/seafood market), a small piece of scallop (I have not had good luck with these though, when offered, mine have eaten exactly one and would never eat another. Several others have had the same experience). For an occasional treat, you can put in a live crayfish but be sure to watch that it is eaten (and remove the shells) as they will die in a couple of hours in the saltwater. If you can find fresh blue crab claws (we raid our local Asian market's live crab bins for the claws, you can freeze the claws but not the whole crab), these are excellent food.

Thank you Terri and D. Your responses here have been incredibly helpful. I'm following up on this one - I don't know why we're allowing "comments" at all; we are traditionally a linear forum structure on TONMO.

I'll be away for a bit - but we do have vbulletin helping out directly with our issues. We will be attempting a fix on Monday. If there are any problems with the implementation there could be data loss with new posts -- but we hope that will not be the case. Stand by and I hope to be checking in occasionally over the next week but may go a bit quiet...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back