Pardon Our Dust

Known issues:

1) we're all "lurkers" -- awaiting an update that will fix this.
2) will need to resurrect articles, Supporter links, etc.
3) old forum links do not properly redirect :shock:
4) need to restore cephy graphics
5) who's online does not seem to properly capture users online
6) album links don't work

I think I found it... I've seen that octobot is posting as other people! Poor octobot... he'll be disabled until this is all repaired. Top priority right now is restoring images :shock:

Sounds like Octobot's middle name is HAL:confused:

It looks like you need to move all the smilies to:
http://www.tonmo.com/forums/core/images/smilies/

check the configuration where a directory for filedata is specified. Looking at some of the generated source it appears this parameter has an extra / so that it looks like: forums//filedata instead of forums/filedata

Let me know if there is a sub-project where I can be helpful.

Thanks D! That does help. I have vBulletin engaged with a ticket and they are doing low-level analysis of our DB. Do not want to lose images like last time.......... I'm still learning but will delegate some stuff as soon as I can.

You may be aware of this already Tony, but thought I would point it out just in case. There are several threads in the fossil forums that have missing pages, in "Collecting Trips and Field Work" the thread "Ordovician in Tennessee" should have 30 pages and is showing 1, and I noticed the same issue in several other threads.

Thanks Terri. I've heard that's a known bug on a limited number of installs (lucky us) being fixed in the next release. Not sure on timing of next release but I would expect soon. Have not lost the posts. BTW -- you did change your avatar, didn't you? :smile: Want to make sure that's not another issue...

Tony, one thing I am desperately missing is the unread post list. We have a list of new posts and a go to most recent posts but not the option that keeps track of posts read by the individual. I hope this is still available or if it was an add-on it is available for the new system as I used the feature daily to keep up with new posts.

I added a home tab which displays "what's new" info - it does not automatically filter "unread" according to what you've read, but if the topic title is bolded, it means you haven't read it yet. This should help for the time being.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back