Pacific Brown?

D.Quail

Cuttlefish
Registered
What do you guys think... I’m really looking for a briareus but No luck recently and I’m growing impatient

Attachments

• 0BE7CC2B-28BA-4896-8B09-B98C33C6D016.png
    0BE7CC2B-28BA-4896-8B09-B98C33C6D016.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 37
I never have a lot of confidence in a vendor when they use images from the internet vs images they take themselves (the A. marginatus in the photo is such a "borrowed" image). Pacific Brown and Octopus sp mean nothing as far as ID but the "Pacific" would suggest that it is sourced from an importer (likely from the Philippines). It is not at all likely to be the A. marginatus in the image. Most of the animals we see imported from that area are in the Abdopus genus. The most favorable of these have been the diurnal aculeatus but there have also been unidentified nocturnals that tend to be similar in looks but much smaller as well as delightful but VERY nocturnal octopus that is likely Callistoctopus aspilosomatis. A quick review of complaints suggest that you get them to fully explain their warranty before you purchase.

That being said, there are not a lot of sources for octopuses and their life span is very short so if the purchase price is acceptable it may be worth trying them this time.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back