• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

our new octopus

BLUE RING, BLUE RING, BLUE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER

KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE TANK IT IS ONE OF THE MOST DEADLIEST ANIMALS IN THE WORLD

Hey yeah can you get a better shot from above the octo like in picture 2?
I see what rj10018576 is talking about. It does look like there are blue markings around the body - but obviously it's quite hard to tell. Be careful - if it is a blue ring they can kill you if they bite you - so dont put your hand in the tank.
And if it is a blue ring - go f^%$&^n nuts at your LFS for selling you a very deadly animal and not telling you (their ingorance is NO excuse).

:mad: :mad: :mad:

A better photo would help :biggrin2:

FYI-two blue rings just under the eyes are okay. :biggrin2:

If there are more, you have a problem. :alarm: :bluering:

They also may not be as bright as in the photos you see under the multimedia button in the image gallery. Blue ring octos will flash the blue brighter when angry-that is when they get the good photos. Be careful and keep us posted.

"blue ring" effect looks like noise as a result of poor lighting to me, but do check carefully, I'd rather eat messy fugu prepared by not-so-freshmen at the end of a frat party...

soory it's been so long

hello again

I don't think it's a blue ring. It does have one ring below each eye and that's all we notied so far. I tried calling the lfs and they said they knew nothing about it. They just recieved it. He his still doing good. we have been doing water changes and testing the water. everything has been showing up zero besides ph at 8.2 and our ammino is a clear cloud white that doesn't show up on are results sheets. He has been eating krill, ghost schrimp, and snails while we are waiting for our riddler crabs. We have put a gi joy in there for him to play with and he will reach and take the food out of our hand. He is more of a cream colored with darker brown spots.

It sucks because we live in an apartment so we are limited on the size aqurium we can have. I am talking to my arent about setting up a 75 gallon tank for him. It would be seeded with stuff from a 160 g that has been up for over a year

David & Nollie

dpdecaro@hotmai said:
hello again

I don't think it's a blue ring. It does have one ring below each eye and that's all we notied so far. I tried calling the lfs and they said they knew nothing about it. They just recieved it. He his still doing good. we have been doing water changes and testing the water. everything has been showing up zero besides ph at 8.2 and our ammino is a clear cloud white that doesn't show up on are results sheets. He has been eating krill, ghost schrimp, and snails while we are waiting for our riddler crabs. We have put a gi joy in there for him to play with and he will reach and take the food out of our hand. He is more of a cream colored with darker brown spots.

It sucks because we live in an apartment so we are limited on the size aqurium we can have. I am talking to my arent about setting up a 75 gallon tank for him. It would be seeded with stuff from a 160 g that has been up for over a year

David & Nollie

lol.. thats the wiredest use of a gi joe that i have ever heard of... and belive me i have heard of some pretty weird uses.....:shock: make sure how ever that the gi joe is COMPLETLY free of copper!
conrats on your new occy!:octopus:

chris

Mr. Potato Head is a popular toy for Giant Pacific Octopuses, and we've had octo owners put various plastic toys in the tank including baby toys and the little Sponge Bob figures.

Nancy

watch out because inside a gi joes torso is a small metal eyescrew that has a rubberband attached to it. the rubberband isnt the problem they like those but you might want to do someting about the eyescrew

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back