Our new baby has arrived!!!

Sideways, Dangling the carrot??? :P Am very curious on what you two chose. BTW - what was her response?

Joel - Stalin is fast and quite big. Netting a fish like him, who does not like the idea, is a task. This Snapper is well over 4 pounds, and has quite a fight in him, when and if, you can actually net him. He actually breached like 6 times in my round-up, and helped me water my carpet. :P

But he did his job and was re-acclimated back into my F/O tank and doesn't seem out of sorts in the slightest.

Not very active during the day... although I think he has a bit of fun during the night. Every time I put crabs in the tank they're safe during the day but never make it through the night. I think truffles got one of the snails also. Roxy was a bit quicker to become friendly, maybe it's just an age thing. But I guess every octopus has a different personality.

I think you are right. Ochi is slowly becomming more and more accepting of me. He does not hide at all when I come into the room, but anything else and he is out of there. Still wont take food from my hand. But he gets close.

I believe you said that based of Mr.T's size Roxy must have been about 6mos. was she much bigger at the time?

Glad to hear Mr. T is adjusting. Will be waiting to see those pics:biggrin2:

Chris - I'd say Roxy was about 1.5-2" mantle and about 3" arms. Definitely bigger than Truffles but I'd swear Truffles has already grown.

Here's a really bad pic of Truffles hiding in the rocks. I don't know if you'll even be able to see it. He's in the center of the pic in the rocks. I'll start a new thread when I get some decent pics. Truffles did play with a plastic stick I dangled in front of him today, but wouldn't come out of the rocks.
John

So...we may have siblings yet again!!! How is Truffles? Inklet is very curious and since yesterday out constantly or in sight watching!

After this being my 4th bimac, I can deffinately see a difference in their personalities. Hermin was friendly but didn't socialize as much as Ink who was a watcher and always plastered on the front checking us out while Lil P is mostly out when hungry but then retreats to his den. Inklet seems to be very outgoing!

Carol

I agree he has definately grown. Thats a great camo shot, I can see those eyes 8)

So the count looks like 3 sibs so far!! Yeah this is going to be fun!!!

Have some amazing news with Ochi dev. he is getting very active. Will post later!!! :biggrin2:

siblings for sure

Would it be possible to somehow verify through your octo supplier that they are in fact siblings? From reading several posts, the ages sure seem to match - but it would be great to know for sure...not earth shattering...but great!

Thanks for all of your posts!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back