• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

OUR FIELD TRIP TO OCTOPETS.COM

Any idea on the cuttlefish?

Great shots, those babies are absolutely adorable and I really wish I could own the place, but it would be real hard work though :frown:

Thanks alot for sharing alien4fish ( name? :heee: pretty odd when you call people by usernames.)

joel_ , the cuttle fish will be coming i think he said this spring or summer, and my name is Kevin, and YES i brought one home (an octo), i was assured by Jim that the octo would be fine and if i had a problem i could take the lil guy back, but after much discussion, he said there should'nt be a problem i use NSW, im using all cured live rock,and i have my fluaval that i took off my reef tank that TONS OF BACTERIA in it, and he looks pretty good this morning, and if all else failed i could put him in my reef tank ( in the hospital hold pen)but he looks just fine in his new home :biggrin2:

uuum, i dont think my son has named him yet, and yes JOEL_ he is eating i put a small hermit in at first and he ignored it, so i went down to the lfs an picked up some minnows and and gold fish, as soon as the gold fish got down to his den ............................wham! so i hope that kick starts, the relationship we are gonna try and keep the same feeeding schedule as what i run on my reef sys., the only diff. is i feed my reef everyother day and if im not mistaken the octo has to feed everyday right?

joel_ang said:
Try not to feed the octo goldfish as they might haave been previously treated with copper-based medicine and you know what could happen :wink:

Joel is right, also the fat in a goldfish is not ideal

what would you recomend?i saw the frozen anchovy and wasnt impressd with it, i do have live minnows are theyok to feed ? or do i need to stick with crabs and baby clams ??

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back