Our ceph care book is now on Amazon.com!

I quite like the cover to be honest. Will look forward to reading this immensely, well done on all your hard work Nancy and Colin.

I'm pre-ordering mine today. This is great, I'm so happy you two decided to step up and write a book like this that needs to be published. Come October there shall be no excuses for octopus malpractice by owners.

Thank you all for your support!

I'm looking through the galleys (an early color printing so that final changes can be marked and made) - it's going to be a beautiful book, full of wonderful photos. Look for many photos by our Tonmo members. And some surprises!

I'll give you more details when everything is finalized, which should be by the end of the month.

Nancy

I like it too! Congrats, Nancy and Colin! Although I doubt that I will ever keep a ceph, I've pre-ordered it too. I read most of the posts about ceph care here, so why not in the book?

So Colin and I just had a last look at the book before it goes to the book designer and gets its final formal. We just made final corrections and made sure the captions were right. You'll find some stunning photos in this book.

After the design phase, it will go off to an indexer, and finally will be sent to the printer.

In a few weeks, when everything is absolutely final, I'll tell you more about what's in our book.

Nancy

It should be a fantastic book, I am really looking forward to seeing the copy !

When we get closer to the release, I'll post more information about what's in our book. Meanwhile, here's the table of contents:

Cephalopods: Octopuses and Cuttlefishes for the Home Aquarium

Dedication
Acknowledgements
Preface
Chapter 1: Cephalopoda: History and Characteristics
Chapter 2: Planning to Keep an Octopus or Cuttlefish
Chapter 3: Tanks, Equipment, and Water: Planning the Octopus or Cuttlefish Aquarium
Chapter 4: Aquascaping and Ceph-Proofing
Chapter 5: Introducing the Octopus or Cuttlefish into the Tank
Chapter 6: Feeding Cephalopods
Chapter 7: Breeding Cephalopods
Chapter 8: Species Notes
Chapter 9: Cephalopod Problem Solver
Chapter 10: Photographing Your Cephalopod
Appendix A: Visiting Cephalopods
Appendix B: Cephalopods in Our History and Culture
Resources
Bibliography
Index

Nancy

I saw the book listed somewhere, for sale right now, for $58. I can't find the link again and I should have thought to post it right that second. The site also listed the pre-order for it for $28 I think...

Reminds me of radio stations selling pre-sale copies of my friends band. The record label wasn't very happy about it. So I don't know how the publisher would feel if aware. I'll try to find it again.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back