Orthocones in the "Efteling"

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Whilst entering our local amusement park's "white water rafting" ride, I couldn't help but notice that the slabs of stone used for the entrance to the ride "Piraña" were beautifully laced with Orthocones. My iPhone was, alas, my photography weapon of choice, but I think it's still worth posting. The one on the right is about a foot and a half in length, minimum...

Very cool that they would present real rocks with interesting things to look at. All of our parks manufacture the landscape and they look that way.

The only cephalopod on display at the Beaty Biodiversity Museum and Research Centre in Vancouver B.C., where the Canadian Palaeontology Conference I attended last weekend was held. No label, but at least they show the siphuncle. :sly:

Attachments

• conv_298575.jpg
    conv_298575.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 93
:tongue: D beat me to it..:heee:. Seriously though, really nice Orthocone. Is it an Actinocerid? Nice line up of presenters too. Some people have all the fun. :mrgreen:

hmm...maybe something more like a Treptoceras? Although it's not as slender as the few I looked at the siphuncle has that bead-like appearance.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back