Orthocone and Ammonite

modelnut

O. vulgaris
Registered
Lately I have become fascinated by another ancient cephalopod and begun thinking of sculpting it in 24th scale. (That may never happen.) But here is something I have been doodling with and I thought you might like to see it.

- Leelan

24thscaleCamerocerasandParapuzosia_zps9768f754.png

I did not realize the curled shell animals got THAT big! I've see photos of the smallest you show (the fossil found in Germany) and thought that was pretty much as big as they came.

According to the Wiki page, that fossil is incomplete. The living chamber is missing. The size estimates given (hopefully by people who would know) are 2.5 and 3.5 maters if the shell was whole.

LOL, the TONMO measurement standard has humorously become a double decker bus :bus: (this happened before my time so I don't know its origin) so the question becomes, "how many VW bugs does it take to make a double decker bus?" :wink:

There are several ways to upload and display images and I have given some hints on the results in the tips and tricks thread in the Octopus' Den forum. When you use the picture icon (vs upload) to attach a file, the software will resize it to fit, keeping the original length and width ratio so the size depends upon the ratio as well as the overall size. If you upload the image, there are a couple of display choices but I don't believe clicking to display the original size in a new window is currently available in any of the display choices.

That option does appear on my first double decker image. But not on any image thereafter. In fact, that is the only image I've posted to this thread for which the forum gives you that option.

Curiouser and curiouser . . .

Did you use the drag and drop or upload a file method? When you use either of these (but not the picture icon) you will see thumbnails after they load. The display as full size should show up on the thumb nail.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back