Original post to celebrate my promotion to Pygmy Octopus

To celebrate my promotion & to add something other than replies to the fine posts found here:

May 5th was Mrs Spartacus & my annniversary. As it was our 3rd (leather :heart: ) I was lucky enough to be the recipient of Dune on DVD & a fine polished Cleoniceras from Madagasca showing the suturing in all it's Albian glory.
Being my first polished ammonite I thought I'd give it a scan to show some more detail to study & wow !

Prepare to be amazed (or not if it's old hat)
x300 etc is resolution not magnification.

Congratulations on your promotion, Spartacus! My humble apologies for my tardiness of late in wishing you well, been a bit busy down in the mud o'er the last couple of days, working and researching something for das site.

That's a damn fine specimen you have there, am more than slightly going green. Will try and dig out, no pun intended, some info on it soon. Amazing how all the Madagascan material seems to be excavated pre-polished, they'll be finding them pre-labelled in boxes next!

Well done sir, here is a tribute film in your honour (stick to the end, it's worth it):

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/31/

cheers all, what a nice planet we'd have to live on if everyone was tentacularly inclined.
Cheers Phil & no sweat, can't keep a man from the mud !
Accolades should really go to my good lady Mrs Fishfinger, though keen as mustard when it comes to finding new treasures, Griselda's not really into fossils any deeper than that so she did a grand job.
Apparently cleonicerases are well represented throughout the Madagascan strata but the best specimens are found in the Bubblewrapii Zone & the pre-polished ones you mention Phil, remind me of the genuine Moroccan horny trilobite I once had that was black & smelled of liquorice, quite odd.

Cheers BOE (you cause me avatar envy)

:jester: Brian Blessed bless 'im :roflmao: one of my faves !! EDNA !!

Accolades should really go to my good lady Mrs Fishfinger, though keen as mustard when it comes to finding new treasures, Griselda's not really into fossils any deeper than that so she did a grand job.

Can we assume then that this is an example of Cleoniceras jabberwocki?

:smile:

I'm afraid it is Dennis, almost the best film ever :jester: I had my suspicions at which level people operate around here & to quote Mr. Grace "you've all done very well"

Phil, the mist is clearing & I'm seeing cleoniceras besairiei ? pretty standard for Madagascar but the vendor didn't specify.

I found my precious at the weekend & inside was an unpolished cleoniceras & irridescent to boot, but before you start to think I'm some spoilt rich boy globetrotting in pursuit of spiral beauties, it was for Xmas from Griselda my angel :heart:
Anything outside the UK has to be bought in as I'm just just a poor petro-chem filtration engineer who discovered palaeontology, vulcanology, geology & llamas too late ! :x

Joel_ang, would you like to pronounce cthulhu ?

cheersy

peeps howdy doody,
okay knowledge is power so what is cthulhu ! & why are you all winking at me ? :yelling: :confused:

In the words of P. Sherman, Wallaby Way, Sydney of Finding Nemo fame
"All the posters on this board have gone mad !" :roflmao:

no, it was six & I can prove it ! :squidaut: see !

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back