• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

One more thing............maybe

My room is kept at 80f all the time bc I have a ball python and corn snake. So would I need a chiller and were could i get one when I look it up it's always for like 4,000 gallons so if I could have some help like point me in a direction............ also when you have it can you set it to like 70 or how does it work.

A bimac is at home in cooler waters. Eighty degrees is quite high - we've been suggesting that you at least bring the temperature down below 75 degrees 72-73 if possible. Often that can be done without a chiller, or with a fan on the sump if the room temperture isn't too high.

However, some Tonmo bimac keepers are using chillers.

Nancy

Also, remember that water temperatures are typically lower than the room temperature. So if your room is at 80, the tank might be at 77...so a fan on the sump would take care of the heat problem.
I also have reptiles (throughout the house), but keep the house cooler, and just use the undertank heaters to provide a hot spot for the herp.
The geckos (loose for pest control) just bask on top of the fridge (fun when a guest reaches for something) or on the window sill...

greg

cthulhu77 said:
Also, remember that water temperatures are typically lower than the room temperature. So if your room is at 80, the tank might be at 77...so a fan on the sump would take care of the heat problem.

greg

actualy the water temp is about 2 to 3 degrees above air temp. the number of degrees depends on the amount and kind of disolved solids in the water.

Two things that can raise the water temperature are the lighting and the pumps. I ran my skimmer at night when the house was cooler to keep the water temperature down.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back