Olorin & Achilles Journal

I should of started this awhile ago,but better late than never.
They are both doing great.They come out every morning and every evening,and cruise a little in the afternoon.
They are both eating a wide variety food(shrimp,scallops,crabs,squid,and mussels).
Olorin is very interactive while Achilles is a little more stand offish.Hopefully Achilles will warm up one day.

here are a few photos of Olorin.I still can't get a good one of Achilles.

Attachments

• conv_303259.jpg
    conv_303259.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 129
  • conv_303260.jpg
    conv_303260.jpg
    665.4 KB · Views: 128
  • conv_303261.jpg
    conv_303261.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 132
  • conv_303262.jpg
    conv_303262.jpg
    678.8 KB · Views: 122
Asher,
Are they in the same tank with a baffled divider? If I have not confused my octos (again) this was your plan but they interacted aggressively before you completed the divider and you separated them, expecting to put them back together as soon as the tank was secured.

Last night I had some family over and they wanted to see Olorin and Achilles eat.So I thawed out some scallops and put on a show.Achilles ate no problem,however when I fed Olorin he grabbed the food and inked just a bit.The only other time he did this is when my brother and his wife were watching,I guess he doesn't like company over for dinner.

a friend of mine is a crabber,and he gave me a few small crabs today.Here are a few pics of Achilles eating a crab that may be too big.

Attachments

• conv_292422.jpg
    conv_292422.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 117
  • conv_292423.jpg
    conv_292423.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 154
Unfortunately I found Achilles under his tank all dried up.Not sure how he got out but I'm gonna find out,and double check Olorins tank to make sure he can't get out.RIP little one.

RIP Achilles:angelpus:

So sad when they crawl out of the tank. Please check your water parameters to make sure they're OK. And yes, make sure that Olorin can't escape too.

Nancy

I checked Achilles tank and one of the corners of the cover came loose.I re taped it and checked Olorins tank(it is sealed).It's a shame,and I feel terrible but it's a lesson to me and everyone else MAKE SURE YOUR TANK IS SECURE!!!On a positive not Olorin is doing well and getting bigger by the day.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back