Olorin & Achilles Journal

dreadhead

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
I should of started this awhile ago,but better late than never.
They are both doing great.They come out every morning and every evening,and cruise a little in the afternoon.
They are both eating a wide variety food(shrimp,scallops,crabs,squid,and mussels).
Olorin is very interactive while Achilles is a little more stand offish.Hopefully Achilles will warm up one day.

here are a few photos of Olorin.I still can't get a good one of Achilles.

Attachments

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Asher,
Are they in the same tank with a baffled divider? If I have not confused my octos (again) this was your plan but they interacted aggressively before you completed the divider and you separated them, expecting to put them back together as soon as the tank was secured.

dreadhead

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Last night I had some family over and they wanted to see Olorin and Achilles eat.So I thawed out some scallops and put on a show.Achilles ate no problem,however when I fed Olorin he grabbed the food and inked just a bit.The only other time he did this is when my brother and his wife were watching,I guess he doesn't like company over for dinner.

dreadhead

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Unfortunately I found Achilles under his tank all dried up.Not sure how he got out but I'm gonna find out,and double check Olorins tank to make sure he can't get out.RIP little one.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
RIP Achilles:angelpus:

So sad when they crawl out of the tank. Please check your water parameters to make sure they're OK. And yes, make sure that Olorin can't escape too.

Nancy

dreadhead

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
I checked Achilles tank and one of the corners of the cover came loose.I re taped it and checked Olorins tank(it is sealed).It's a shame,and I feel terrible but it's a lesson to me and everyone else MAKE SURE YOUR TANK IS SECURE!!!On a positive not Olorin is doing well and getting bigger by the day.

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
I am probably not the only one who is double checking the latches every night since you reported Achilles escape

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
Every night right after I go to bed I end up getting up and making sure. I'm probably about to add a few more layers of duct tape... and reinforce the screen somehow.... and probably add the rough side of some sticky velcro all the way around. Kalypso's strength is making me wonder how long it will be before she is man-handling everything.

dreadhead

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
I just got a new tank mate for Olorin,a purple linckia,or a tamaria stria.It depends on whether my guy at the lfs knows what he is talking about or not.I do trust him but you never know,he said it was a purple linckia but I hear they are rare.

Members online

No members online now.