Old Chat [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Hi Folks... this ought to do for now... note that usernames are *not* integrated -- chat at your own risk!

Type "/nick " to establish your username. e.g.:

/nick superfoot

Chat Now!

:talker:

First Wednesdays of the month again? 9pm ET?

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
no, that's good -- i'm just saying that it doesn't happen automatically, which is what I'd prefer to offer -- i.e., access to chat should be based on your TONMO.com login credentials. Some day soon!

Note that if you don't type /nick username, you can still chat, but your identity will be "unknown".

Steve O'Shea

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Well, I sat there yelling for quite some time ... alas, nobody yelled back; I was stuck in some channel all by my lonesome (first time I've been able to chat in years, and nobody was there)

WhiteKiboko

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
it seemed to work fine for me, except of course the lack of conversation..... not that its ever stopped me before but.....

monty

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Supporter
WhiteKiboko said:
it seemed to work fine for me, except of course the lack of conversation..... not that its ever stopped me before but.....
Well, I managed to talk to TONMO for a few minutes, so it does work with 2 people... I had some weirdness where I left "ghost logins" when I just closed the window instead of using the logout button or "quit," but when I quit my browser (and the associated java_vm) it closed those connections. Tony says his doesn't do this, so it may be something about my OS or some such (debian pure64/amd64 linux + firefox + blackdown/sun java j2re1.4.2). Shrug.

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Supporter
Are you gearing up for TONMOcon Tony??? So that all the people who can't make it can have a chat/Q&A session with speakers?? Maybe we can bring a laptop to the bar and have chatroom toasts!
:cheers: :beer: :wine: :glass:
I love it.

monty

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Supporter
Tintenfisch said:
Hmm, I can't get in. This doesn't bode well for tomorrow. :hmm:
It seems to work for me, still, but no one else is on... what's the failure?

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
I get a blank grey screen for about 20 seconds (although the status bar says 'Applet initialized' if you mouse over), then a black screen that says in red: Connection to [...] failed! MELANGE debug: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: Operation Timed Out

... and that's it. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.