[Octopus]: Olaf - O. Vulgaris - Need help - new Octo just arrived and no idea what to do...

Just thought I would share an update. Since moving into its new home the octo has adjusted well. I am expecting fiddler crabs in from the suggested source tomorrow, but was very pleased when he ate raw clams from central market. He also ate fresh soft shell crab.

My daughter (3 years old), decided that we are naming it Olaf (after the snowman from Frozen).

He inked for the first time yesterday and I'm not sure why, but it was a minor amount and stringy. It was immediately picked up by the skimmer and filter media.

So far I think everything is going good (at leSt as far as I can tell. Olaf is extremely active and moving around more often than not still.

I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all your help thus far.

I added Olaf's name and expected species (reviewing the pictures, I am pretty confident of vulgaris) to the title. May I move this thread to our Journals? Love it that your 3 year old takes and interest!

No change at all to what you are doing but by moving this to journals in stead of Octopus Care, it helps to keep all our stories in one forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back