[Octopus]: OhToo - O. Hummelincki (filosus)

Thank you. I will get that information in the report he is giving. I will let you know how it goes and get the pictures up as soon as I can tomorrow.
Jana

Garrett did an excellent job teaching the kids about OhToo. I will be getting the pictures up soon. He decided that OhToo is too valuable to dissect, so he will remain a teaching tool for many years to come.

I don't know if I am disappointed or glad. Either use is more than acceptable and I hope you post again if he choses to go on tour with OhToo next year :biggrin2:

OhToo teaching kids

Here are some pictures of Garrett using OhToo as a teaching tool. We will still let you know what the final measurements are. Garrett did want to dissect OhToo then have me sew him up so we could show him to kids again. Since I am not that accomplished as a seemstress nor a dissector, Garrett thought it would be best to leave this wonderful Octopus intact.

Attachments

• conv_294048.jpg
    conv_294048.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 101
  • conv_294049.jpg
    conv_294049.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 107
  • conv_294050.jpg
    conv_294050.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 113
  • conv_294051.jpg
    conv_294051.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 121
I definitely see a picture of myself and those other "silly" girls in the classroom :wink:. Thanks for posting the photos, hopefully Garrett will have more opportunities to be included in this journal.

Due to Garrett having his tonsils and adenoids removed, we finally had time to do the final measuring of OhToo. Here it goes. We tried our best to be accurate, but those curled up tentacles are hard to keep a piece of string on.
Head (from behind eyes to tip of head)- 2 in (5.08cm)
Good arm- 9.25 inches (23.876 cm)
Head circumference (very back of head)- 4.5 inches (11.43cm)
Infected eye circumference- 2.25 inches (5.715cm)
Suckerless arm-2.75 inches (6.985cm)

I hope this is what you wanted. We had fun trying to accurately measure.

Thank you for adding the measurements. However, do note as Garrett teaches with OhToo that octopuses have eight arms. Squid (generally) have eight arms and two tentacles. The squid tentacles are different from the arms and are used almost like a shooting set of pliers that jet out, clasp and bring prey to the mouth.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back