Oh the cthonity!

Cairnos;97380 said:
I can't believe it! I just found out that noone in my business unit has ever even heard of Lovecraft or C'thulu! What has our eductional system come to when people can graduate without even a basic grounding in works of eldritch horror? :read:

Maybe for the best. They live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that they should voyage far...:lol:

Cairnos;97806 said:
Hmmm.....this prompted me to think about how I first heard about HPL and Cthulhu. And rather disturbingly I realise I have no idea......:shock:

I think I remember, 1st year at Uni, quite early on I think. I'm a bit of a Crypto-buff, you see, and there was a discussion over at cryptozoology.com that started getting sarcastic and silly, and shoggoths started being namesdropped. That was it. Then I ended up getting the omnibuses as some of the guys explained these nasty beasties to me, and I thought they sounded cool! :biggrin2: The elder beings quickly became my fave race... as you can probably tell...

I heard the name "Cthulhu" in jr. high when I started listening to Metallica. Didn't know there was a mythos until joining this community. Damn shame it took so long, especially since I spent a year at school in Massachusetts. It would have been kind of fun to freak out Massachusetts librarians by asking them to help me find records on Miskatonic U, fish gods, and the Necronomicon. Some of them still get nervous when you ask 'em about witches :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back