Official "OMG I'm here at TONMOCON IV" Thread!

unless something happens (im looking at the mother who is pissed at me) i will be leaving soon! if she gets made enough to say i cant come then i will just tell her the hotel is non refundeable1

I'm here, I'm here, I'm HERE!!! I made it on the plane all by myself- and I'm only 41... In the lobby to use the free WiFi with my stuffed GPO to identify me. Think I'm the first one here, it's only 1:05, so I think I'll walk up to the zoo for something to do as I don't se anyone else garishly adorned with cephalopod jewelry.

Just got back from the Zoo. Love listening to the comments people make as they pass by the GPO... "EW, gross!!" More than one person could deserved to have that comment made about them! However, one look at her and you can tell she's old, holding her distended mantle in her mantle in her webbing, it always reminds me of how pregnant women hole their bellies. The also have 3 very small and super cute Sepia officinalis, lots of fun watching people as they pass by and tell their kids the tank is empty and not worth looking at...

I'm sitting in the lobby of the Marriott with my stuffed GPO in the table, looking for more TONMOers to show. It's just 5 now, so I'm thinking I'll get some company soon! There is a convention of some type here with lots of folks from Africa, and there are some ladies in some really beautiful outfits. Lots of gorgeous fabrics and formal dress styles, what a fun weekend for people watching!

I'm still on my way but I'll be the really young guy with tentacles instead of fingers! Just wondering, do you know if nancy or Colin are coming? I'd love to have my copy of their book signed!

:-( Unfortunately they won't be making it!

BTW, OMG, I'm here. And check out my room, AKA "location of the after party" :wink: ...

Just took a call from Olaf. Time to start the party! See everyone at Harry's...

:party:

Attachments

• conv_298667.png
    conv_298667.png
    593.4 KB · Views: 196
There are FOUR cuttles in that tank....

sedna;182331 said:
Just got back from the Zoo. Love listening to the comments people make as they pass by the GPO... "EW, gross!!" More than one person could deserved to have that comment made about them! However, one look at her and you can tell she's old, holding her distended mantle in her mantle in her webbing, it always reminds me of how pregnant women hole their bellies. The also have 3 very small and super cute Sepia officinalis, lots of fun watching people as they pass by and tell their kids the tank is empty and not worth looking at...

I'm sitting in the lobby of the Marriott with my stuffed GPO in the table, looking for more TONMOers to show. It's just 5 now, so I'm thinking I'll get some company soon! There is a convention of some type here with lots of folks from Africa, and there are some ladies in some really beautiful outfits. Lots of gorgeous fabrics and formal dress styles, what a fun weekend for people watching!

....at least they were there when I left last night! Pretty cool, huh? Thanks to New England Aquarium.

Tamie Gray DeWitt
Invertebrate Exhibit
Smithsonians National Zoo

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back