octosimpsons

it was on when i was making dinner yesterday...the main story being a crayon lodged in his brain was the source of his stupidity... the b story was lisa complaining about a rival school band winning a competition through cheating....

as you could imagine, an octoparrot is an odd sight :smile:

tonmo said:
Just curious, what was for dinner?

Architeuthis, The Real Chicken of the Sea.....

just kidding...leftover grilled chicken with scrambled eggs and some of my Habanabe sauce (habanero/wasabe and a few other things)

last episode of futurama was on tonite :frown: ....not great, but not bad... but the unkindest cut of all.......

no cephs :cry: :cry:

May a :meso: eat Rupert Murdock (but hopefully not get indigestion - or have a FOX film crew taping it for a special)

WhiteKiboko said:
May a :meso: eat Rupert Murdock (but hopefully not get indigestion - or have a FOX film crew taping it for a special)

.... I could let you in on a forthcoming FOX special .... but that would be naughty of me.

:meso: is restless and sharpening its talons for a duel.

Steve O'Shea said:
.... I could let you in on a forthcoming FOX special .... but that would be naughty of me.

:meso: is restless and sharpening its talons for a duel.

Woo-hoo! Mmmmm.... Messie! Steve-O', that is fantastic news! Can you at least give us a hint of when said special will be on?

And to make my joy complete, this week I read in an MSNBC article that a certain language which shall herein remain nameless (because I promised WK that I wouldn't go on about it on TONMO anymore :wink: ) has been attracting renewed attention in Europe.

At last, Cephalofannish Esperantists will no longer be regarded as the epitome of nerd-dom in the 21st century!

"We're here, we're tentacled, we speak a conlang, get used to it!"

La Tansterino

TaningiaDanae said:
At last, Cephalofannish Esperantists will no longer be regarded as the epitome of nerd-dom in the 21st century!

come now, lets try and keep a grip on reality :smile:

i dont mind you talking about 'it' :goofysca:

What do we want? Significantly more potent and abudant libations
When do we want it? NOW!!

What the...

Has anyone seen the "Radioactive Man" comics produced by Matt Groening's Bongo imprint? Apparently, one of Radioactive Man's cohorts in the Superior Squad is a hero named Captain Squid...

:!:

And let us not forget the long-running Nickelodeon 'toon show ROCKET POWER, about four California pre-teens who never go to school or do chores, but spend all their time surfing, skateboarding, skiing, playing volleyball, eating greasy junk food, breaking into closed amusement areas, and providing other fine role-models for young viewers.

Anyway, one of the four -- a Kansas-born computer nerd named Sam -- is nicknamed "The Squid", which is apparently West Coast surferese for "the new kid who can't keep up with all our lovable hijinks".

In one particularly entertaining scene, the Rocket Power kids are being punished for one of their hilarious break-ins by having to sort huge buckets of Loligo for the local aquarium seals. At one point, a chastened Twister says to Sam, "Hey, remind me never to call you 'Squid' again!" Indeed!

[PS: What's even more pathetic is.... I really do enjoy ROCKET POWER. Is that better or worse than liking The Stooges?]

:bonk:
"Why soitenly!"

back to the simpsons...

A week or two ago i saw one were they all go to an aquarium, theres an empty one thats being cleaned and Lisa asks were the fish are then there's a shot of a storage room with a large octopus in a bag being thrown in. Then Bart moons Skinner from inside a giant clam, swims up and his arms are grabbed by an octopus and he's beaten up by assorted sea creatures. They bring him to the hospital and Dr. Hibbert says its quite common, points at posters where children are being hurt by puffer fish, and one of a giant squid eating a school bus.
I think this episodes been posted before but I'm too lazy to find out...

another Futurama sighting....actually two from the same one... from 'why must be i crustacean in love?' (zoidberg going home for mating)

1) at the gym zoidberg says he's going to workout with the nautilus, enter the nautilus with a basketball

"yo yo yo, give up the rock"

2) also zoidberg wings an octo at his love interest's window at night...

i went crazy for a few seconds, kept trying to pause the episode before i realized it was on tv, not dvd :roll:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back