octosimpsons

Octomatt said:
Let's not forget the Octo's on other cartoons....

How about PowerPuff Girl "Bubbles"! She's always dragging around that little purple octopus doll!

Matt

Octi is the best!! :lol:

Oh, and in one episode of "The Simpsons", the family goes out to eat seafood and Bart orders "One squid plate with extra tentacles."

Upon seeing the plate, he turns green and faints. :shock:

Oh, and on another favorite show of mine "Futurama", Fry and Bender are looking at an underwater apartment, when it is suddenly attacked by a giant squid. :meso:

Sushi and Sake,

John

actually, i was in the process of compiling a list for futurama....rather impressive actually.... in the first 5-6 episodes there are several, including the squid at the apt.

:cthulhu: :heart: :beer:

Sweet! You're right.. Just got the box set of Season One, and there are a lot of cephs and other strangeness...

I just can't get over the part where Fry says "What up?" to a giant slug, and the slug replies "Word!"

HA HA HA HA!!

Sushi and Sake,

John

Fujisawas Sake said:
Just got the box set of Season One, and there are a lot of cephs and other strangeness...

Sushi and Sake,

John

same here...i had been debating/price shopping it for a while, but got just got it....

ok... like you mentioned the giant squid attacks the window and gets its arms into the underwater apt in various places in "I, Roommate".... In "Love's Labours Lost in Space," an octo with tusks is hanging off the remains of the planet vergon 6, which exploded.... In "Fishful of Dollars" Leela makes referrence to going to the Squid Fights.....On the director's commentary track on "My 3 Suns," Matt Groening admits Dr. Zoidberg has some definite ceph influences (among them his tentacle-like mustache thingy and the ink sac we find out about in later episodes) .... actually in that episode is one of my favorite parts:

Fry: "It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns! And also, he got a racecar! Is any of this getting through to you?"

although they arent in the first season, in "The Deep South," Fry and his mermaid friend watch a giant squid wrestle a sperm whale and fry has a pennant cheering on the squid...."In That's Loberstertainment" Zoidberg writes a personal letter in his own ink...and in "Insane in the Mainframe":

Fry: I really a....
Zoidberg: Squid?
Fry: Human!
Zoidberg: Also Good.

3 more:

In "Fear of a Bot Planet," Zoidberg asks for a Jumbo Squid Log at the ballpark, but settles for something crawling with vermin (a hotdog)

The Statue at Mars University ("Mars University") has tentacles, as does Leela's mother ("Leela's Homeworld" "Less than Hero" )

Just finished watching the most cephy Simpsons ive come across...two octos and a squid.... one octo being "stored" in a plastic bag, one helping the animals at the aquarium in jumping Bart, and a picture of a squid emptying a school bus and eating kids....

WhiteKiboko said:
Just finished watching the most cephy Simpsons ive come across...two octos and a squid.... one octo being "stored" in a plastic bag, one helping the animals at the aquarium in jumping Bart, and a picture of a squid emptying a school bus and eating kids....

WK,

That's an awful lot of cephs for a single episode. I wonder if someone in the Simpsons/Futurama think-tank is a TONMO member. Just how many users named "Matt" are in the memberlist, anyway?

Our heroes may be closer than we think.

Clem

theoretically they couldve been on before the new incarnationof the site, since it takes about 6mo to do an episode.... also consider, (i believe i heard it on the commentary track on one of the dvds) that they have more producers than wwii US generals..... and there is probably a few people who browse the site w/o ever joining....

still, its a rather interesting thought

WK,

I suppose we'll never know, unless they refer to both cephs and The Squibbon in a single episode.

Moe: Hey, Homer! Try this new drink, I call it the TON-MOE.
Homer: Don't mind if I...AAAHH! UUHHH! BLAAGGHH!
Moe: What do you think?
Homer: BURNING! ALSO CLEAN! MOSTLY BURNING!
Lenny: What the hell was in that, Moe?
Carl: Yeah, Moe, what the hell was in that?
Moe: Aquavit, Boddington's and Duff, with a shot glass of ammonia sunk in it.
Lenny: Aquavit? That's disgusting.
Moe: Yeah, but they like it.
Pan to booth in corner. Barney, Steve O'Shea, Kat Bolstad and a Colossal Squid are drinking.
Steve: So I says to Roper, "You want your freakin' money? You come over here and find it! Ya snag! You make me want to-" (passes out)
Barney: (to Colossal) Is that man bothering you?
Colossal: Buh.

good stuff....:smile: only if i can stand in as Duffman OH YEAHHH!!! as for members named matt, i dont really know how much groening has to do with the day to day stuff anymore... according to snpp.com, matt hasnt been an exec producer since season 3 (91-92).... does he still do 'life is hell'? i havent read a student and/or free weekly entertainment paper in years.... of course with the amount hes made, he can probably do just about whatever he wants....

Thanks, guys.

Groening still does "Life Is Hell," but it's not what it used to be. Unless you can't live without Akbar & Jeff, you're not missing much.

Remember: if you drink, don't drive the Duff blimp.

Clem

Duff Man says "Cephalopods - Oh yeah!"

I still prefer "Futurama", where a robot, faced with the destruction of New York City by a giant ball of 1000 year-old garbage, simply says "Well, let's get lootin'!"

There's bound to be more squiddy weirdness in the future(ama)... Only time will tell...

Sushi and Sake (all from The Happy Sumo - except the Fugu)

John

Fujisawas Sake said:
Sushi and Sake (all from The Happy Sumo - except the Fugu)

hehe.... "Hey Pal, Fugu Me!!!" (if you have the commentary track on, you pick up an insight from groening on fugu, well at least i didnt know it)

also: groening won an award for top cartoonist this year....

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back