octopus wanted

Discussion in 'Culture' started by emilee, Oct 18, 2006.

1. emilee

emilee Pygmy Octopus Registered

I've got a 80 gallon tropical tank all set up to house an octopus, but I don't want to get a collected one. Does anyone know where I can get a tank bred small octopus?

Emilee

2. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

:welcome: Tank-raised octos are hard to find lately, but I believe marinebio_guy had some young bimacs recently... see this thread around post 166 and the followups.

3. dutchcourage

dutchcourage GPO Registered

Yep just recieved one from him yesterday!Let me tell you he knows how to pack for shipping my my little guy came happy and healthy.He ate a live shrimp 10 minutes after added to the tank and is eating a piece of frozen shrimp right now!:shock:.Send him a pm see if he has any left i will start a thread with pictures later.Thanks again marinebio_guy:smile:

4. monty

5. emilee

emilee Pygmy Octopus Registered

i saw that... it's funny you notticed that that was me.... thank you all for such timely reply.. i've been trying to research this all summer, but before i found tonmo i'd had few possitive results..

emilee

6. monty

I figured there probably weren't too many people named Emilee looking for a tank-bred octopus... And the premium ceph forum has a new aggregator that points out ceph-related news items, so I was handed the puzzle pieces pretty directly... I don't normally read Alaskan newspapers just for culture, I'm afraid...

I assume you already found the "Octopus Availability" thread, but a new post today reminded me if this bimac source, too:

http://www.tonmo.com/community/index.php?threads/5571/#post-88164

7. G*S KING

G*S KING Cuttlefish Registered

hi i live in PHX AZ ANY ONE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE