Octopus vs. cuttlefish

I dont theink he shoved the octo at the cuttle, you can see the cuttle right behind the octo, the whole time, he just was filming the octo, and the cuttle wanted a "tasty" treat, I dont think it was anything the guy was trying to do or expected to do, I actually fid that absolutely amazing. Imagine eating your cousin :yuck:.

L8 2 RISE;117986 said:
I dont theink he shoved the octo at the cuttle, you can see the cuttle right behind the octo, the whole time, he just was filming the octo, and the cuttle wanted a "tasty" treat, I dont think it was anything the guy was trying to do or expected to do, I actually fid that absolutely amazing. Imagine eating your cousin :yuck:.

Well, it's not clear that those those two were related any more than we are to cows. But cephs seem rather less squeamish about such things, even with siblings...

maaaaaan i'm at a crappy hotel computer and i can't see the video.... i bet it was cool though. just to get things straight a cuttle ate an octo?!

That video keeps playing over in my mind. It makes me not want to find an octo in the wild (something I really would like to do) for fear of distracting it and causing its demise. I remember either Dale or Scott mentioning that they saw similar behavior when a large squid ate a young one that had been distracted by the divers.

Well that was an unfair advantage. The cuttlefish was twice as big. Plus, it snuck up on the octopus and ate it from behind... Poor octopus. :sad:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back