Octopus Toys

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
The mega block that Carol has used with most of her octos (two learning to ride it) did so I assume the smaller ones will (I know the black octopus they have does not).

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
My 8 year old was wondering if an octopus would play with a Barbie - she said it would have to be naked because she wouldn't want the octopus to eat the clothes by mistake. Anyone want to try? It would be a great photo - octopus eating Barbie... Otherwise she will just have to wait until I get a new tank and an octopus (which could be a while...).

Green_Tree

O. vulgaris
Registered
Reaction score
Joe-Ceph;159827 said:
Does a Rubix Cube use stickers on each cube surface, and if so, is the adhesive tank safe? Do they have any lubrication that might be toxic? Any metal parts down inside?
Personally I think watching an octopus play with a Rubik cube could be interesting but depends on the octopus. But from experience (I've taken them apart) the Rubik cube has no accessible metal parts. As for the stickers if the octopus is color blind anyways couldn't you take them off and clean the adhesive off with say vinegar or some other safe product?

Green_Tree

O. vulgaris
Registered
Reaction score
Just a follow up because i wanted to check. I took my rubik's cube apart today and i could not get to any metal pieces. There might be a spring or two in the very center but i cant even see them let alone get to them, because the center piece is all linked together. When disassembled it looks like this. Also there is no lubrication inside its all dry. Least on mine, but Ive had it for a while, so not sure on a brand new one.

Attachments

Lmecher

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh... new question. Can the human put the rubics cube back together?
If it can be taken apart Diablo will. He is able to remove the zip ties I attach to feed with, you can sometimes see them on the bottom of the tank in my photos. His newish trick is squeezing his floaty toys, they fill with water and sink. He crushed his ping pong ball. I can see bite marks in some of his toys too. I almost forgot, he loves toothbrushes, has 2 in his den now. It's funny because he usually dose not care for sinky things. Do you think he knows how much I want them back?

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
I tried a small yellow rubber duck with Monty for just a few seconds. It was the same day he was traumatized by the crawfish and he is only today agreeing to come out with humans around for any length of time and to be petted. I don't know if the duck had anything to do with it or not and because he would not touch the next crawdad until it was on the rocks, I think he probably has no recollection of the duck but I won't try it again until he is larger.

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought we had determined that there was metal in the center of the rubik's cube. You put it in salt water and it will rust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mishoughthtr

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards