Octopus (Pro) Wrestling

the way these posts have wandered off the original topic makes me wonder something... can cephs achieve an altered state of consciousness? i realize youd have to be loose with the definition of the word, so ill dumb it down a tad.... ever seen a tipsy octo or a drunk squid? (excluding any beer-battered calamari) but since when you keep one, you have to be careful about whats in the tank, would that make the critters fans of the Reinheitsgebot? But back to the wrestling, i'd be willing to grapple with 20x my weight in GPOs for 2 kegs, as long as theyre cold and not made by anhauser-busch.... maybe my math is a tad off, but that seems like a much cheaper option than the 100 Gal of Fosters... hehe Fosters: Australian for Canadian (at least around here) its even funnier if you know the foster brothers were originally American.... but then again rounding up 3 tons of GPO would be a handful...

DRAT!! forgot to tack this onto the end of the message.... i think i originally found the link on here sometime long ago but i could be mistaken... anyways i thought it fitting

The Cephalopod Chronicles

this is another exception, along with the calamari

actually...my friend has a stuffed architeuthis...we took a few pictures, but never were bored enough to put a coherent story line together....maybe in a little bit we'll get around to it.... i know the squid is not nearly as well traveled and is a tad more enamored by, how should i say.... libations.. plus there are a few pics implicating our furry friend in the homicide of another stuffed animal.... perhaps if boredom reigns supreme, we'll frame a sea dragon.... plus i dont want to scrounge up extra pairs of handcuffs for a trial sequence.... :smile:

ROTFLMAO, Kiboko, I can just picture that! :roflmao: (Am I correct in assuming that Architeuthis handcuffs are fastened with Velcro?)

Along the same lines, here's one that Tintenfisch found and posted as a link on the old board (remember this one, Kat?) It's way up there with the late lamented HAMPSTERDANCE as one of the Top Ten Time Wasters on the web:

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html

"Oh, the humanity!"

:cthulhu: :mrgreen:

yeah, i've always liked that one.... any time you have furry things involved with the Necronomicon, you might be a little off in the head or extremely in need of a hobby.....

WhiteKiboko said:
yeah, i've always liked that one.... any time you have furry things involved with the Necronomicon, you might be a little off in the head or extremely in need of a hobby.....

Hey Kiboko, sounds like you are a Lovecraftian too! There are several of us in this community, which is no surprise considering Grandfather Theobaldus' obsession -- albeit a negative one -- with tentacled beings. What are your favorite HPL stories? (Mine are THE SHADOW OVER INNSMOUTH and THE OUTSIDER.)

FYI, the following search engine was posted to the old board, but just in case any of our new Lovecraftian TONMOers aren't aware of it yet.... enjoy!

Portal De Noticias » Cthuugle Marketing Digital E Notícias De Hoje

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Tani, Eldritch Eidolon of the Abominable Atlantic Abyss

hehe hate to disappoint, but i havent read any of the stories yet....i ran down the basics on the net after hearing numerous references...both here on tonmo and other places...i probably wont be able to get to the library for at least 2 more weeks, but from what ive seen, its probably up my alley... the tentacles are a bonus...

I have to say, Mouintains of Madness and Rats in the Walls struck me as two of the most original and interesting. But I've only read one compilation so far... Iä! Iä! :cthulhu:

Hi Kat 'n' Nancy -- those are both excellent recommendations. Like INNSMOUTH and OUTSIDER, they are IMHO true classics, what I would put on a personal "must read" list for all Lovecraftians-in-training. Kiboko, if you'd like to check these out, I would include on such a list (in no particular order):

THE CALL OF CTHULHU
THE SHADOW OVER INNSMOUTH
AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS
THE COLOUR OUT OF SPACE
PICKMAN'S MODEL
THE OUTSIDER
THE RATS IN THE WALLS
THE SHADOW OUT OF TIME
THE DUNWICH HORROR

If it's tentacles you're after, I would include the story THE MAN WITH A THOUSAND LEGS by HPL's closest friend and protegé, Frank Belknap Long -- a great short story author in his own right, and one whom I had the privilege of knowing in his later years in NYC. This story (and many other fine fantasy/s.f. works by Long) appears in his Arkham House anthology THE RIM OF THE UNKNOWN.

Comin' at ya direct from scenic downtown R'lyeh,
The Tanster

ok folks....this past weekend, i had too much free time on my hands...originally, i took a couple pictures that i thought would be amusing, but then something hit me today and i took a few more pics... after all, i wouldnt want to be outdone by The Cephalopod Chronicles... hope you guys enjoy the short story....oh yeah....parental guidance is suggested [language (non primetime sort, not too bad), adult themes (not in a sexual way), and mild violence]

The Legend of the Silly Octopi

as for the eight, those were from the past (i collect labels and havent removed those yet)[plus if you look, theyre better beers like paulaner, tusker, weeping radish, shiner etc] as for the other props, both the bottle and the cans, you can't prove anything... two amusing coincidences if youre observant: 1) that is a copy of the search for the giant squid by richard ellis in the background 2) in the photo frame on the desk (in which i rotate the pictures) theres a fairly fitting picture of the author from college.....

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back