Octopus Paxarbolis encounter 01/04/2007 | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Octopus Paxarbolis encounter 01/04/2007

Snafflehound

GPO
Registered
I was lucky enough to see one of these rare creatures :razz: over the weekend. Managed to shoot one pic before it camouflaged itself.

Now I need to find a sea badger!:smile:

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
When you think about exactly how rare these elusive creatures are, your photograph is the more remarkable!!!

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Be careful though, those glowing eyes suggest he was about to pounce! They have been known (rarely!) to form unhealthy attachments to camera lenses!!!!

J

joefish84

Sepia elegans
Registered
the funny thing is out of the few of this species ive ever encountered they always match their surroundings with exquisite camoflauge techniques. this one seems to be defying the typical elusive pattern and going with the hey look at me and photograph me pattern. i wonder if this is any sign of them being more intelligent about their surroundings than previously thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards