Octopus On Swimmers Back

That was amazing. I'm with D. I wish I could have seen how it made it's way onto his back. I'm willing to bet the animal was captured at the bottom(looks about twenty feet or deeper), then taken to the surface and placed on his back. Being through that and so far from the bottom in clear open water like that, I'm sure the octopus felt that it was the safest to stay clung to the swimmer for protection from larger predators seeing as the swimmers were not hurting it. Just putting in my two cents.

tonmo;172583 said:
More parasitic behavior :smile:

You know the first thing I thought of when seeing this was the movie Aliens. Where's Ripley when you need her lol

skywindsurfer;172598 said:
That was amazing. I'm with D. I wish I could have seen how it made it's way onto his back. I'm willing to bet the animal was captured at the bottom(looks about twenty feet or deeper), then taken to the surface and placed on his back. Being through that and so far from the bottom in clear open water like that, I'm sure the octopus felt that it was the safest to stay clung to the swimmer for protection from larger predators seeing as the swimmers were not hurting it. Just putting in my two cents.

I agree with both you and D. It would have been great to see the Octo sneaking up and planting itself on the guys back. I'm sure his initial reaction would have been priceless!

It wouldn't really surprise me either if this had been staged. The Octo didn't seem to be bothered, it probably enjoyed be chauffeured around lol

I don't know about that D. It all depends on the person who's swimming and their skill and comfort level in the water. I my self am a professional diver, unless that animal has a range of half a mile or more, I could easily take it far from its den(with or without air tank).

So... what is the range of an Octopus? How far can it go from it's den before getting lost? This vid (around 1:05) talks about it to a certain extent, but does not get very detailed.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back